Meta Code

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Morning of Day 2....

So I've had my breakfast and some green tea and I'm about to shower.  Oh, last night's sleep wasn't that well either.  But I guess that will change or I will have to force it at the end of the week with a good ole dose of ambien... let's hope I don't sleep drive my car to taco bell in the middle of the night :)

But anywho, I've been thinking this morning about this phrase that I constantly hear.  It is the phrase: "...good job".

What does that mean?  We've all heard it before, "well I have a good job so.....".  Or "you better not quit because you have a good job..."

Over the years, when I've heard that phrase, I've always wondered "the why" and "what"?  Is it just a programmed response?  Kinda like we are suppose to grow up, get married, get a "good job" and get the 2.5 kids.   Have we been programmed to breeze through life like zombies?  No original ideas or outlooks. Rather just needing the next person ("the Jones's" ) to see that you have the life and that "good job".

What ever happened to the people that stepped out of that box and went for their own true happiness?  And where is this "good job"?  I feel like I am one of those persons, but not that I can talk to much since I was once a zombie working 12 hours days for about 7 years and was seen to be very successful.  Second thought, I've not yet been "married" and don't see the 2.5 kids on the horizon so maybe I am doomed to be cast to that island of people "who just don't get it".  Maybe I'm just a misfit  :(

Hmmm... maybe I'm gearing up for round 2 or maybe I'm checking out of the rat race.

Maybe I should just shower, put on my "drone suit", stop for a Starbucks, get it to work and stop thinking.  LOL.

Today will be very interesting.  I am soldiering on...

No comments:

Post a Comment